The best team in professional basketball, The Cleveland Cavaliers, led by the best player in professional basketball, Lebron James, now begin many games by performing their own piece of devised original theatre. We christen this new troupe: The Lebronsemble.
- If a typical black box theatre holds 200 people and a typical NBA arena holds 17,000 people; how may sold out performances would you need to reach as many audience members as The Lebonsemble? (Answer: 85 consecutive sell outs.)
- Is it surprising in the least that Lebron also happens to be a good director able to meld imagination with compelling imagery?
- Does their success on the court stem from the strong connection they possess as an ensemble?
- Have they been studying Stanislavki's Circles of Attention to create better awareness on the floor?
- Luke Walton sure would make a hunky star of a short musical interlude. Are Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol cooking up their own rival act? (Before you write this off, think about all the courtside celebrities the Lakers could incorporate.)
Watch and decide: